Pages

Wednesday, 15 May 2013

Deep Energie Presents Guest Mix By Psyk (South-Africa)-Deep Cutz#15


1. Please give us a short intro about yourself.
Well I’m not one to speak about myself very often, so I’ll keep it brief. I’m a DJ that has a penchant for Deep House. My love for the underground began late in my schooling career (Standard 9, 2005).  It’s only after school that I started playing on vinyl alongside fellow Headz Up! Music group members Ajay and Daniel.

2. Who's your biggest influence in the music business?
In terms of who I look up to, locally, definitely the likes of 2Lani and Kent- when he played deep house for the masses. I vividly remember going to a party in Meredale (South of Johannesburg) in 2006, it was the turning point for my music preference. They good music on great sound and the crowd was amazing. I then knew what I wanted to do. Other guys such as Octave-founding member of 115, Charlie B and the late Iggy Smallz. Internationally - on the other hand. There are way too many names to be mentioned, so I’ll stick to the ones I started out with- Steve Bug and Milton Jackson.

3. The biggest crowd number you've played for?
The biggest crowd I played for hmmm. It was actually at Ajay’s 21st  birthday party- Street Style. In a 300m long street, completely occupied. I won’t be able to tell you the number though. It was a memorable.

4. Baddest experience in your music career?
Hahaha, geez. I think it’s what we, in my circle of friends call suicide. This happens when you actually forget that you have to mix the next track in, or when you run out of time before you synced the beats or when an unforeseen happening of events take place while you are mixing. Like when the arm of the deck you playing on isn’t set properly then the vinyl jumps and skips, or a cd you wanted to play doesn’t read. Technical glitches.

This happened to me while I was in the learning phases of mixing, for a decent crowd. The crowd lost its energy, I felt like a fool lol. I then vowed to myself that for as long as it’s in my control, I won’t ever commit suicide again!

5. What’s your biggest fear when it comes to your music career?
If I have to think about that one I would say fundamentally­- Going deaf and Arthritis. Pheeeuw!

6. What else do you listen to besides house music?
Anything else with substance. Jazz, Dad’s Soul-Train collection and lots of down-tempo stuff.

7. Give us a top 3 of your best records so far?
Well I can’t say for all time, just because there are so many, but right now I would say you should check out: Static by Justin Jay released on Dirtybird,  Culture Response by Junior Gee on Streetlight and Different Drum by Pulshar Ft Loco Dice on Desolat.

8. How can people find Psyk and where can people listen to your projects/Mixes?
Twitter Handle: Psyk89
Soundcloud:  https://www.soundcloud.com/ponkels 

 Psyk Exclusive Mix 
Tracklisting 
1. Marshall Jefferson vs Noosa Heads - Mushrooms (Frits Wentink Mix)
2. Dam Paul - Hallo Hallo (Original Mix)
3. Jori Hulkkonen feat. Third Culture feat. Olga Kouklaki (Maxxi Soundsystem Remix)
4. Justin Jay - Waves (Original Mix)
5. Kris Wadsworth - It's Time (Jimmy Edgar Remix)
6. Doc Daneeka - Day by Day (Original Mix)
7. Tale Of Us - Lost City (Original Mix)
8. Pascal Benjamin - Deepness (Jeremy Juno, Daniel Beasley Remix)
9. Tim Green - 3Hook20 (Original Mix)
10. Waze & Odyssey - I Want You You You (Original Mix)
11. Nina Kraviz - Taxi Talk

DOWNLOAD 
(On a Mac hold Ctrl + click and select 'Save link as...') 
(On a PC right click and select 'Save link as...')
(On Mobile click DOWNLOAD and select 'Save')

Feel free to leave comments and share the mix with friends

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2017