Pages

Friday, 08 March 2013

Deep Energie Presents Guestmix Will Tension (Germany)-Deep Energie Cutz#5

Born in 1988 in Leipzig (Germany), William Gebert alias 'Tension' was interested in nearly every style of music. He defines his roots as Hip Hop and Metal, but he was always fascinated by the electronic Sounds of Kraftwerk, Carl Craig, Jeff Mills, etc. Inspired by these artists it didn't last log until he bought his first records and played the first club gigs and parties. Driven by the minimal sound of the millennium years, he soon dropped his own productions into his sets. After some time of gathering experience in clubs and productions, he created epic and melodic tracks. Soon he developed his remarkable style, focused on Deep House beats and Dub Techno meditations, which one can hear in his own productions and live sets. As 'Cycles' he lives his second passion, Drum & Bass and Dubstep music. Since 2010 he's djing and producing broken beats and bass tracks under this alias.

Interview with Will Tension

1. Can we have a little introduction of who you are and what you do:
Hi, my name is William Gebert. I'm a producer and Dj from Bielefeld (Germany).
Basically I focus on Deep House and Dub Techno productions which I prefer to play in Live and Dj-Sets in Clubs and on Festivals. Two Years ago, I got a little more into Liquid Drum & Bass and Deep Dubstep, which I also produce under my alias 'Cycles'.

2. Who's the biggest influence in you music career:
I would say just my life and its experiences, because I put a lot of personal feelings, emotions and thoughts into my music.

3. Who's your favourite Dj/Producer of all time:
There are several musicians and artists I really appreciate, such as Fred P. from New York (My number one inspiration in Deep House!), Ron Trent, Shed or even Carl Craig. Just to name a few.

4. What's your favourite production instrument:
If you can call it an instrument I would say Ableton Live, because of its massive versatility. You can use it in every style of music and in nearly every situation it gives you the possibility to put your creativity in place. Beside this, it might be the Guitar.

5. What's the biggest capacity crowd that you have played for?
I played a live set at a festival here in Germany two years ago together with a friend. I estimate that there were nearly 1500 people dancing to our music. Really impressive!

6. How many vinyl records do you own?
I just began to collect records three years ago and I only buy the ones I really like and only the ones that I will still like in twenty years, so my collection is not that big at the moment. I think it might be about 200 records only, but its growing!

7. What's your worst Dj Experience?
A very funny moment happened when I played in a local club some years ago. I played some cd's, the crowd was dancing energetic, everything was perfect. I had my headphones on, listening to both channels and I made the transition. I was so focused on the music in my headphones (yes, and not that sober...), that I didn't realized that I just took out the cd the crowd was actually listening to. There was only silence in the room while I just turned around with my headphones on and looked for a new track, until my friend told me what I did. Everyone in club was looking at me, wondering what I do there. It was so embarassing but also very funnny indeed.

8. Where can people get a hold of you?
  On most of the social networks and of course on Souncloud:


 Will Tension Exclusive Mix
Tracklisting
1. Jon McMillion - T-Station
2. Wax - Wax50005-A1
3. Felix Fleer & Hekla - Transparent [Nulectric Promo]
4. Theo Parrish - Walking Thru The Sky
5. Barker & Baumecker - Schlang Bang
6. G Flame & Mr G  - Deep Lovin
7. Black Jazz Consortium - God's Promise
8. Frankie Knuckles Presents Satoshi Tomiie - Tears (Classic Instrumental Mix)
9. Mike Grant - My Soul My Spirit (Mr G's Freedom Train Mix)
10. Panash - Cheval (Przewalski's Eastern Bounce)
11. The Orb feat. Lee Scratch Perry - Soul Man (Villod Remix)
12. Till Von Sein - Out Of Love (Chez Damier & Bosco Main Tech Remix)


(On a Mac hold Ctrl +click and select 'Save link as...')
(On a PC right click and select 'Save link as...')
  
(On Mobile click on DOWNLOAD and select 'Save')

Feel free to leave comments and share the mix with friends

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2017