Pages

Friday, 26 April 2013

Deep Energie Presents Guest Mix By Loz Goddard (UK)-Deep Cutz#12


1. Can you please give us an intro of yourself, who is Loz Goddard?
Hey, firstly I’d just like to say it’s a pleasure doing this interview & guestmix for you, as I say to a lot of people it’s a real compliment every time anyone asks anything of me so cheers for that!I’m a DJ/Producer from Manchester, England who got into electronic music probably about 5 years ago now after playing drums in a few bands and also learning the guitar. The whole electronic music thing actually started when a friend showed me ‘Roygbiv’ by Boards of Canada.  It’s fair to say I fell in love with that sound pretty much instantly.  Nowadays I have a much broader interest and understanding of electronic music and my main love now is Deep House, which is what I’ve been producing for the past year and a half.


2. What’s your biggest fear when it comes to your career?
I’d have to say not having enough financially to be able to do what I love.  I think a desperation for money would mean having to accept work wherever I could get it and I don’t like the idea of doing anything I don’t 100% enjoy.  I’m always one to say if you don’t settle for something average then it leaves more room to find something even better, lets hope that’s true.


3.Who inspires you and why?
I’ve always been majorly inspired by the Warp Records artists ever since I heard that first Boards of Canada track to be honest! My main inspirations on Warp would have to be BoC, Squarepusher, Autechre, Aphex Twin and Luke Vibert.  These guys have been putting out really forward thinking and creative music for years and to still be as good as they ever were is absolute madness. In the Deep House scene though, I’m really into the stuff coming out on Wolf Music, Editorial, Kolour and Let’s Play House with artists like Fantastic Man, Tornado Wallace, Rick Wade and KINK really doing it for me at the moment.  Can’t get enough of that sample-based, grooved out vibe I’m hearing from these labels!  And of course any person who doesn’t feel the need to portray an alternative ‘image’ of themselves and is completely genuine is a big inspiration for me.  I’ve met plenty of people like that in this scene, it’s something I really love about it.


4.What’s your Favorite remix or project (Own Work) out today?
Quite a hard one this, I do have many tracks out that I still really like but I’d have to go with ‘How It Was’ from the DeepWit Autumn Air Sampler.  That’s probably my favorite of my own productions that’s available to buy at the moment.  My favorite remix I’ve done would have to be Artette’s ‘Marina’ that was out on Apollo on 28th March, it was an interesting project that one.. The original is completely ambient and I’d never tried remixing an ambient track before that.


5.How did you land the project with Alvaro Hylander “Stop” which was released on Apollo?
It came about after I sent in some demo’s to Apollo which were later signed as part of my Frame Of Mind EP.  They heard the tracks and I had some good feedback, then was told there were two remixes to be done and was asked if I wanted to pick one.  Me being me I said I’d give both of them a go!  I was pretty happy when I was told one of the tracks was ‘Stop’ though, it’s a lovely original and had a lot of fun with it.


6. What’s the biggest crowd you’ve ever played for?
I’ve not really played out much yet, it’s something I’m going to get involved with more now I’ve acquired a pair of CDJ 1000’s and a DJM-800.  Before that I exclusively mixed live which meant quite a lot of equipment, and lugging that about to clubs/bars would have been annoying and tiring!


7.Who would you like to work with in the near future?
At the moment I’m looking at working with some Manchester based producers and some of the artists of the newly founded Sequential Records. Aside from that I’ve been working on a remix for Kolour Recordings as well as a nice 3 track EP which is huge step forward for me.  If you’d asked that question a couple of months ago I would have said: ‘I’d love to have something out on Kolour’.  Maybe not as blunt and boring as that though..


8. According to Loz Goddard House music is a….?
House Music, to me, is music with a feeling, groove and generally something that makes you want to dance..  Oh and nice, warm synth sounds! Quite a standard approach to that question I know, but it’s something I never think about really. Defining genres isn’t something I have to do, I tend to just make what sounds good to me.  If it sounds good to me, usually someone else will like it too.


9.Please name one song that you never leave out of your set and why that particular song?
To be honest I try to keep things fresh and don’t play the same tracks a great deal over a short space of time but a track I come back to a fair bit would be Marshall Jefferson’s ‘Mushrooms’ (Salt City Orchestra Remix).  I’m a huge fan of the spoken vocals and synth sounds in that track, all the elements work perfectly together.


Loz Goddard Exclusive Mix

1. Rick Wade -Ancient Tongues (Original Mix)-[Landed Records]
2. Phil Weeks -By My Side (Original Mix)-[Robsoul Recordings]
3. Beatdown Soundmachine -More Love (Original Mix)-[Wolf Music]
4. Fantastic Man -From Start To Finish (Original Mix)-[Melbourne Deepcast]
5. Lewie Day -That's The Thing (Original Mix)-[murmur]
6. Loz Goddard -Out With Your Heart (Original Mix)-[Kolour Recordings]
7. The Bionics -Love Chains (Mic Newman Remix)-[Paper Recordings]
8. Francis Inferno Orchestra -All Up In This Shit (Original Mix)-[Kolour Recordings]
9. 6th Borough Project -The Vibes (Original Mix)-[Delusions Of Grandeur]
10. Tornado Wallace -Be My Ladyboy (Original Mix)-[Wolf Music]
11. HMC -Starr Trax (Original Mix)-[Voyeurhythm]

 

DOWNLOAD 

(On a Mac hold Ctrl + click and select 'Save link as...') 
(On a PC right click and select 'Save link as...')
(On Mobile click DOWNLOAD and select 'Save')


Feel free to leave comments and share the mix with friends

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2017